Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Spirit Cannot be Caged

Hi Everyone,
Since my crafting mojo seems to be on a hiatus right now I thought I would revist some Fairy Cages I made when I was on the Unruly Paperarts design team.  The theme was "Winging It" and those of you that follow me here and on other social media know I am a sucker for a good fairy.

I bought these tiny bird cages on clearance and stashed them knowing that I would find a use for them. I use images from Lisa's Altered Art all the time. She has fantastic ballerinas, women, children, and wing images. When I was playing around one day I discovered some of the girls would fit right in the cages. I added wings to them to make them into fairies. They got all gussied up with tulle skirts, feathers, and bits of bling.

I added a ton of flowers to the bottoms of the cages. Some of the flowers I made and some I purchased. I didn't want the cages to close, so the flowers spill out and wrap around the bases.

The base on this one is a giant wooden spool that is wrapped with twine.

The base on this one is a plaster pillar of some sort (again from the craft hoard). I added a little birdy to the outside of the cage and it's done!

Here's hoping my mojo comes back soon!


Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Red Poppies to Remember

Hi everyone,
The newest challenge at Emerald Creek is Heartfelt Freedom and Festivities.  I decided a little paper girl would be a perfect make for this challenge.
Who could refuse this cute face? She is here with a sweet smile and a bouquet of poppies.
Here's how she came together.  I started by cutting out a dress and coating it with matte medium.  Once the dress was dry I colored it with Distress Crayons.  

I used my Enhanced Blue Pearl embossing powder on her skirt over a tiger lily stamp.  For her shirt I used my Mercury Rising embossing powder.  
  To make her flowers I used Candied Apple Distress Ink on tissue paper and embossed it with clear..  The stamens were dipped in Mercury Rising embossing powder.  I free hand cut circles and then made teeny flowers.  
The background is a collage of vintage papers and coated with Vintage Collage Medium.  
While the background dried I finished the girl.  
I cut out arms and legs from white cardstock.  I drew lines on with a Black Soot Distress Marker.  She got a little flower in her hair too.   The edge of the tag has a bit of Distress Crayon rubbed on it.     
Here is is all finished.  
I hope you liked her. 
Be sure to check out the Emerald Creek Dares you have a chance to win an awesome prize if you play along!

Emerald Creek Goodies I used: