Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tim Holtz style ATCs

A Vintage Journey blog is having a touch of Tim challenge.  They want us to create ATCs.  I made some ballerina ATCs a while back and I always forget how much I enjoy making them.
This ATC started as an oops tag.  I used some crackle texture paste on the bottom of a manila tag and decided I didn't like how it looked.  It has been sitting on my desk for month.  I trimmed it to ATC size and used Distress Stain in Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, and Weathered Wood. I used my Harlequin Stencil with Black Soot distress ink on top.  Remnant rubs and a vial label add detail to the top.  A rosette with a shrink plastic skull finish this card.

This little witch is from Lisa's Altered Art.  The background on this ATC is tissue wrap spritzed with Distress Ink and Dylusions.  The top is a pediment die cut using the painted industrial technique.
Tattered tulle adds to the creep factor on this card.  I love the pink and black.  Not your traditional Halloween colors.

 I did one non Halloween card too.  The background on this one has Distress Embossing powder.  A teeny Paula bow is on the side.  I just love these birds.

I hope you enjoyed my ATCs.
What have you been crafting?
Jess


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Halloween ATC's Jess! love the pediment die on top of one and the netting on the bottom of the other - and the crackle on the first! You bird ATC is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love your ATC's . I had a look, because I am a Halloween fan, and always looking at anything related. I'm late to the party as well, but it's all Ok. We have fun getting there, don't we? Love your tulle--I used that, too, on my entry to SSS, but I didn't know what it was called. I just know it was a very old petticoat someone had trashed. It does amazing things when exposed to a heat gun:)! I hope you don't mind, but if I do get the time to enter this, I will probably be making Halloween as well. An art store here wants me to make a Halloween display, so I've got to get moving. Your ATC's are very inspirational...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Sara! You will have to let me know how your Halloween display turns out. What an honor to be asked to make a display! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.
      Jess

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Atc's Jess. It's great seeing some Halloween pieces emerge.....it will be here before we know it. Fantastic backgrounds and love the witches statement....I'm the Witch! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ATCs!! The halloween theme suits them so well, fantastic! Thanks so much for adding them to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fantastic spooky ATCs - and the birds are lovely too! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.