I am up on the Gypsy Soul LAser Cuts blog with a really cool creepy project today.
Take a brown paper sack and crumple it up. I crumpled and uncrumpled mine several times to get the wrinkles the way I liked them. I glued the bag to the Faux Book Box using Distress Collage Medium. Once the collage medium was dry I used Distress Stains to color the paper. I kept adding and wiping away the stain until I was happy with the color.
I added Distress Crayon in Ground Espresso to the book to highlight the wrinkles.
Next I embossed a couple Stackable Labels using Charred Gold and glued them to the cover of the book.
Printers Ornamental Corners were added to the spine(also embossed with Charred Gold).
The inside of the box is covered with a paper that looks like weathered wood and the edges are embossed.
A faux pocket watch has a picture of Poe inside. I colored the edge with alcohol inks in mushroom and red pepper. Silk sari ribbon was dyed using Distress Stain in walnut Stain and Alcohol Ink in Red Pepper. The alcohol ink gave the ribbon the deep red color I wanted. The watch was then glued on top of the stackable labels.
The relics and artifacts heart was painted red and left to air dry. I added a layer of collage medium onto the heart and heated it with an embossing gun. The glue bubbled and looked pretty gross(the look I was going for). I added another layer of red paint to the heart.
The heart hangs freely in the box so you can hear it bumping around.
I added the quote from the story to complete the tale.
The back is blank, but you can see how the book looks like wrinkly old leather.
We are celebrating all things spooky over at Emerald Creek this month and I have a quick card for you.
I started with black cardstock that I stamped with the Web stamp and then embossed using Oil Rubbed Bronze.
Do you love Tim Holtz paper dolls as much as I do? I hate fussy cutting and these guys just have so many uses. Today I took a Skull Charm and cut off the hasp. I glued the skull over the head and added a crown of dead flowers colored with Distress Stains.
I added my lady to the background and gave her a giant pair of Scissors. The scissors have some Red Pepper Alcohol Ink on them.
I added a sentiment from the Halloween Clipping set and my creepy card is done.
This project was so fast and simple to create, but the results are pretty creepy.
Cover your Coffin Box with your choice of paper. I went with the weathered wood piece from the new Tim Holtz Halloween 8x8 pad. I did not decorate the bottom or the inside of the box since I knew I would be gluing it shut.
On the underside of the lid place another small piece of the same paper and cut through the chipboard using a craft knife.
Glue your skeleton to the top of the box so his head pops out of the hole. I glued him right to the top of the box. I actually cut him in half and saved his bottom for another project. I cut an additional tiny hole so a hand could peep out. Add brown ink to the edges of the coffin and the hole. Flick on black paint and wrap the box with chains. Do not wrap them all the way around. You want the back to remain flat so you can attach it to your frame.
I painted the Tim Holtz large framed panel with black soot Distress Paint and rubbed just a tiny bit of Tarnished Brass paint to highlight it. Place your coffin in the middle and glue it down. Add a ton of moss and your project is complete!
A few months back I made one of the large stages from Gyspy Soul. You can find that stage here. Using the same techniques I used on the big stage I made the Miniature Stage.
This stage is full of Tim Holtz Halloween goodies!The stage is covered in the new Halloween paper. The edges have been rubbed with Black Soot Oxide ink and spritzed to make it drip.
I used the spider web from the Halloween corners(coming soon to the store) to decorate the back of the stage. There is another tiny spider creeping around on the front. Can you find him?
The paper doll is from the new ancestors set. I gave her some wings from Prima and tinted them using red alcohol ink. She's holding a frozen Charlotte head I made using a mold and resin. The head has been aged using mushroom alcohol ink. The tiny skulls are beads that have been colored using snow cap and mushroom alcohol ink.
Here is my little ode to Canada. I have only been there once, that's a story to tell over an adult beverage! I have to say that I have met some truly lovely people through crafting and the Canadians have been some of the best.
This piece is in the current issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine.
I didn't take step out photos, but I used plain tissue wrap to create my base that covers the canvas board. I stamped it with the Freshly Picked Rose and Kimilese 3 in archival ink. I then colored it using various Distress Crayons. I know you can't really see it on here, but I promise they are under there.
I distressed and layered on some paper. The dress form is from a Tim Holtz Sizzix diecut and then dry embossed. I ran my embossing ink over the top and used Charred Gold to pick up the embossing.
I took a piece of white cardstock and colored it using Magenta's Nuvo Powders and then used the Kimilese 3 Stamp and Charred Gold for the extra pop. Each leaf was cut using the Tim Holtz Fall Foliage strip die. The leaves are layered on to make a skirt. I added Tombow tabs to give some dimension.
The flower band(contact Emerald Creek to get this) was colored with gold and red alcohol inks.
I colored seam binding using Distress Stains and tinted the vintage flowers the same way.
A bit of Distress Crayon around the stickers completes the panel.